As the final full week of classes is wrapping up, campus gets busier than ever. But it is important to make room for study breaks, not matter how crazy the end of the year gets. Here are a few things to do before summer comes.
- Go to sports events: Support Samford athletics, now that the weather is nice, and build up some rewards points on the Sam. Fan Rewards app.
- Spend an all-nighter in the Library: Toward finals week is the perfect time for this, as both the library and Einstein’s are open extra late.
- Swing by Pepper Place: Sweeten your day with Hero Donuts, spice it up with some After Midnight Salsa, or spring up your dorm with a bouquet of fresh flowers.
- Write a thank you note to a professor or adviser: You never know what could make their day, as this time of year is busy for everyone.
- Jump in a fountain: The law school fountain and the Ben Brown fountain fountain are waiting.
- Steel City Pops: Be sure to try their new summer flavors.
- Rent a bike: Head over to the hub to rent a bike, and turn your Target run into a Target ride.
- Hang out at Railroad Park: Perfect for pre-summer photoshoots, picnics and pre-Barons game hang outs.
- Grab some pancakes made by the one and only Dr. Westmoreland: No more convincing needed.
- Have a game plan: Speaking of Dr. Westmoreland, remember his words to us in his First Thoughts email at the beginning of April, “Make a list — soon — of all your projects and deadlines, then break the big projects into small segments.”
Kathryn Jordan, Features Editor